For items #1-10 below, use the information provided to locate the source in either the college
Library Catalog or the Online Databases. Once you find the source, provide a citation for it in the
proper MLA format (that is, as the source would appear in a Works Cited listing).
Before starting, take note:
• The citations provided in the Library Catalog and the Online Databases are often outdated,
incomplete, or simply incorrect. DO NOT copy and paste info that you find. Build your
own citation, following the guides and models.
• Be sure to follow the new 8th edition of the MLA Handbook. The Purdue OWL provides a
very detailed and helpful guide to MLA format:
• Newspapers, magazines, and scholarly journals are often referred to as periodicals in
reference guides, such as the Purdue OWL.
• Volume and issue information is only given in citations for scholarly journals, not for
newspapers or magazines; for those, you simply give the date of publication.
• All electronic items (those freely online or through a subscription database) should be
followed by the date that you accessed the materials (“Accessed [day month year]”).
• For the items below in EBSCO databases, please also use this generic URL:
• For the items below in EBSCO databases, you must list both the name of the database used
and the publisher of the database (unfortunately, the Purdue OWL does not clarify this).
Here is an example of how that looks in a complete citation:
Reich, Robert. “The Political Roots of Widening Inequality.” American Prospect, vol. 26,
no. 2, Spring 2015, pp. 26-30. Social Sciences Full Text, EBSCOhost,
www.ebscohost.com. Accessed 2 June 2018.
Using the DCCCD Library Catalog (http://richlandcollege.edu/library), find and create MLA
citations for the following:
1. A book about The Simpsons, published by Palgrave in 2012.
2. A book about water, written by Steven Solomon.
3. A co-edited collection of essays about zombies published by McFarland in 2011.
4. An essay called “The Press the Founders Knew,” which is one of several in an edited
collection of essays dealing with the First Amendment and edited by Timothy Cook. The
essay, written by Craig M. Freeman, appears on pages 35 – 49 of the anthology.
Using the Online Databases (http://libguides.dcccd.edu/az.php) listed below and their respective
search engine features, find and create MLA citations for the following sources.
NOTE: Before starting, be sure to review the tip on using online databases provided in
the MLA Information section of the class website. Also note that the databases
identified below are all published by EBSCO.
5. In the Academic Search Complete database, find an article discussing the issue of assisted
suicide, written by Josh Sanburn and published in Time.
6. In the MasterFILE Complete database, find an article discussing the issue of same-sex
marriage, written by Theodore B. Olson and published in Newsweek.
7. In the Humanities Full Text database, find an academic essay on evangelical religion and
wrestling, written by Jonathan Ebel and published in 2009.
8. In the OmniFile Full Text database, find an article discussing voter identification laws in
Texas, published in Texas Monthly in August of 2015.
9. In the Academic Search Complete database, find an article about reality television, which
was published in The Journal of Popular Culture and written by Deborah Kaplan.
10. In the Social Sciences Full Text database, locate an article discussing the political roots of
inequality, written by Robert Reich, and published in The American Prospect.
Our customer is the center of what we do and thus we offer 100% original essays..
By ordering our essays, you are guaranteed the best quality through our qualified experts.All your information and everything that you do on our website is kept completely confidential.
Academicwritingcompany.com always strives to give you the best of its services. As a custom essay writing service, we are 100% sure of our services. That is why we ensure that our guarantee of money-back stands, alwaysRead more
The paper that you order at academicwritingcompany.com is 100% original. We ensure that regardless of the position you are, be it with urgent deadlines or hard essays, we give you a paper that is free of plagiarism. We even check our orders with the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the industry.Read more
The Academicwritingcompany.com thrives on excellence and thus we help ensure the Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order.To do so, we provide a Free Revision policy as a courtesy service. To receive free revision the Academic writing Company requires that the you provide the request within Fifteen (14) days since the completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations and research papers.Read more
With Academicwritingcompan.com, your privacy is the most important aspect. First, the academic writing company will never resell your personal information, which include credit cards, to any third party. Not even your lecturer on institution will know that you bought an essay from our academic writing company.Read more
The academic writing company writers know that following essay instructions is the most important part of academic writing. The expert writers will, therefore, work extra hard to ensure that they cooperate with all the requirements without fail. We also count on you to help us provide a better academic paper.Read more