The midterm will consist of two options. You may choose 1, which is a short answer assignment. Or, you may choose 2, which is a 10-15 minute presentation, in which you choose a topic thus covered this semester. You only need to complete 1 assignment.
This assignment consists of short answer questions that encompass chapters covered thus far. Please answer them in your own words. If references are used, please provide citations.
1. Chapter 1 covered psychological research and the different methods one can use. Please explain the following and give me an example of each: case study, survey and naturalistic observation.
2. Chapter 4- Why do we need sleep? How does it impact learning and memory?
3. Chapter 5- Explain how Pavlov discovered classical conditioning while working with dogs and measuring salivation responses. Please identify what the neutral stimulus, unconditioned stimulus, unconditioned response, conditioned stimulus and conditioned responses were.
4. Explain generalization and discrimination in terms of classical and operant conditioning.
5. Please explain the four basic reinforcement schedules for operant conditioning. In addition, please give me an example and tell me what type of responding occurs with each, as well as which is harder to extinguish.
6. Observational learning is another form of learning that was studied by Bandura. Please watch the video below an tell me what you learned about how violence can be learned in children.
7. We tend to measure memory by recognition, recall and relearning. Please tell me what these are and give an example of each.
8. What is a flashbulb memory? How accurate is it? Please give me an example.
9. Sue is studying for her test in the same room that she is going to take it. She thinks this will give her a better chance of remembering what she learned. Similarly, she makes sure she is drinking coffee during the test as she was drinking coffee when she studied. What behavior is she exhibiting? Can memory be context and state dependent?
10. In your own words, tell me one thing you have learned this semester. Has your understanding of what psychology is changed since the start of the class?
Thus far, we have studied what psychology is, and covered several key concepts. You may choose one topic from the chapter’s covered, and do a 10-15 minute presentation, accompanied by a power point presentation. Below are some topics, which also accompany some ideas that you might choose from. If you have another idea that pertains to psychology, please let me know, and I will work with you on designing a project.
1. What makes research good or bad? What are the various types of research-scientific and more subjective, give examples of these?
2. How do Industrial psychologists work within the field of business, talk about an area-leadership, group cohesion, motivation, ergonomics?
3. How is sleep related to memory consolidation?
4. What is flashbulb memory?, Why does it occur? How accurate is it?
5. Repressed Memories- What does the research say about them?, Do you think they exist?, Why or why not?
6. How do false memories come to exist, and how does this impacts eye witness testimony.
1. Give me an overview of the topic from research you have obtained. This should come from 2 to 3 sources.
2. Break the topic down into a 10-15 minute presentation that will be covered in a power point presentation for the class.
APA format, 3-4 pages in length
Include extra cover page, abstract, and reference list)
Minimum of 2-3 peer reviewed resources
Our customer is the center of what we do and thus we offer 100% original essays..
By ordering our essays, you are guaranteed the best quality through our qualified experts.All your information and everything that you do on our website is kept completely confidential.
Academicwritingcompany.com always strives to give you the best of its services. As a custom essay writing service, we are 100% sure of our services. That is why we ensure that our guarantee of money-back stands, alwaysRead more
The paper that you order at academicwritingcompany.com is 100% original. We ensure that regardless of the position you are, be it with urgent deadlines or hard essays, we give you a paper that is free of plagiarism. We even check our orders with the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the industry.Read more
The Academicwritingcompany.com thrives on excellence and thus we help ensure the Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order.To do so, we provide a Free Revision policy as a courtesy service. To receive free revision the Academic writing Company requires that the you provide the request within Fifteen (14) days since the completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations and research papers.Read more
With Academicwritingcompan.com, your privacy is the most important aspect. First, the academic writing company will never resell your personal information, which include credit cards, to any third party. Not even your lecturer on institution will know that you bought an essay from our academic writing company.Read more
The academic writing company writers know that following essay instructions is the most important part of academic writing. The expert writers will, therefore, work extra hard to ensure that they cooperate with all the requirements without fail. We also count on you to help us provide a better academic paper.Read more