Provide a response to the following prompts.
Note: Each team member should compute the following questions and submit them to the Learning Team forum. The team should then discuss each team member’s answers to ascertain the correct answer for each question. Once your team has answered all the questions, submit a finalized team worksheet.
1. When a result is not extreme enough to reject the null hypothesis, explain why it is wrong to conclude that your result supports the null hypothesis.
2. List the five steps of hypothesis testing and explain the procedure and logic of each.
3. A researcher wants to know whether people who regularly listen to radio talk shows are more or less likely to vote in national elections than people in general.
a. State the research hypothesis and null hypothesis
b. Would the researchers use a one- or two-tailed Z test?
4. The general population (Population 2) has a mean of 30 and a standard deviation of 5, and the cutoff Z score for significance in a study involving one participant is 1.96. If the raw score obtained by the participant is 45, what decisions should be made about the null and research hypotheses?
5. One hundred people are included in a study in which they are compared to a known population that has a mean of 73, a standard deviation of 20, and a rectangular distribution.
a. μM = __________.
b. σM = __________.
c. The shape of the comparison distribution is __________.
d. If the sample mean is 75, the lower limit for the 99% confidence interval is __________.
e. If the sample mean is 75, the upper limit for the 99% confidence interval is __________.
f. If the sample mean is 75, the lower limit for the 95% confidence interval is __________.
g. If the sample mean is 75, the upper limit for the 95% confidence interval is __________.
6. A psychology professor of a large class became curious as to whether the students who turned in tests first scored differently from the overall mean on the test. The overall mean score on the test was 75 with a standard deviation of 10; the scores were approximately normally distributed. The mean score for the first 20 students to turn in tests was 78. Using the .05 significance level, was the average test score earned by the first 20 students to turn in their tests significantly different from the overall mean?
1. Use the five steps of hypothesis testing.
2. Figure the confidence limits for the 95% confidence interval.
Our customer is the center of what we do and thus we offer 100% original essays..
By ordering our essays, you are guaranteed the best quality through our qualified experts.All your information and everything that you do on our website is kept completely confidential.
Academicwritingcompany.com always strives to give you the best of its services. As a custom essay writing service, we are 100% sure of our services. That is why we ensure that our guarantee of money-back stands, alwaysRead more
The paper that you order at academicwritingcompany.com is 100% original. We ensure that regardless of the position you are, be it with urgent deadlines or hard essays, we give you a paper that is free of plagiarism. We even check our orders with the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the industry.Read more
The Academicwritingcompany.com thrives on excellence and thus we help ensure the Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order.To do so, we provide a Free Revision policy as a courtesy service. To receive free revision the Academic writing Company requires that the you provide the request within Fifteen (14) days since the completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations and research papers.Read more
With Academicwritingcompan.com, your privacy is the most important aspect. First, the academic writing company will never resell your personal information, which include credit cards, to any third party. Not even your lecturer on institution will know that you bought an essay from our academic writing company.Read more
The academic writing company writers know that following essay instructions is the most important part of academic writing. The expert writers will, therefore, work extra hard to ensure that they cooperate with all the requirements without fail. We also count on you to help us provide a better academic paper.Read more