Week 1 Discussion: What Is Sociology
Must post first.
Please post thoughtful responses and comments to the following questions.
1. Explain what sociologist C. Wright Mills meant by the sociological imagination. Explain how personal troubles turn to public issues using an example (e.g., sexual misconduct, unemployment, domestic violence, etc.) after watching the video, ‘Sociological Imagination,’ and reading ‘Chapter 1’ (OpenStax, 2017) under the Week 1 Content.
2. What is sociology? Explain how it helps you better understand your life and our society after watching the video, ‘The wisdom of sociology: Sam Richards at TEDxLacador,’ and reading ‘Chapter 1’ (OpenStax, 2017) under the Week 1 Content.
3. State the major ideas of functionalism, conflict theory, and symbolic interactionism. Which of the three approaches strikes you as the most useful? Why? How can you apply your favorite perspective to real-life situations?
4. Which sociological perspective would best explain why there seem to be so many poor people in America although we are among the richest countries on earth?
5. The neighborhood (the environment) where you grew up exerts a significant effect on the rest of your life. How did your family, neighbors, and community influence you? Explain it using the sociological perspective.
6. What sort of career are you interested in? How could studying sociology help you in this career?
7. How would a conflict theorist look at the educational system in the United States? How would a functionalist look at the educational system? What is one commonality between these two perspectives? What is one important difference?
Use APA parenthetical citations in your text and include a reference list at the end of your post. When you refer to and/or discuss any resources, you need to include a citation for that source. For more information on APA style, go to: https://sites.umgc.edu/library/libhow/apa_examples.cfm
Original question response posts should be a minimum of 250-300 words, and replies to others should each be a minimum of 75-100 words.
Sociological Imagination – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BINK6r1Wy78
OpenStax Introduction to Sociology
Our customer is the center of what we do and thus we offer 100% original essays..
By ordering our essays, you are guaranteed the best quality through our qualified experts.All your information and everything that you do on our website is kept completely confidential.
Academicwritingcompany.com always strives to give you the best of its services. As a custom essay writing service, we are 100% sure of our services. That is why we ensure that our guarantee of money-back stands, alwaysRead more
The paper that you order at academicwritingcompany.com is 100% original. We ensure that regardless of the position you are, be it with urgent deadlines or hard essays, we give you a paper that is free of plagiarism. We even check our orders with the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the industry.Read more
The Academicwritingcompany.com thrives on excellence and thus we help ensure the Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order.To do so, we provide a Free Revision policy as a courtesy service. To receive free revision the Academic writing Company requires that the you provide the request within Fifteen (14) days since the completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations and research papers.Read more
With Academicwritingcompan.com, your privacy is the most important aspect. First, the academic writing company will never resell your personal information, which include credit cards, to any third party. Not even your lecturer on institution will know that you bought an essay from our academic writing company.Read more
The academic writing company writers know that following essay instructions is the most important part of academic writing. The expert writers will, therefore, work extra hard to ensure that they cooperate with all the requirements without fail. We also count on you to help us provide a better academic paper.Read more