A1 Business and Technical College Wireshark & TCP Behavior Lab
In this lab, you will investigate the behavior of TCP by analyzing a trace of the TCP segments sent and
received in transferring a file from a server to a client. Specifically, you will accomplish the following:
• Experiment with TCP connections;
• Analyze TCP network traffic
• Experiment with wireshark, traffic monitoring and filters.
2 What is Wireshark?
Wireshark is an open source software project, and is released under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
You can freely use Wireshark on any number of computers you like, without worrying about license keys or
fees or such. In addition, all source code is freely available under the GPL.
Wireshark is a network packet analyzer. It tries to capture network packets and tries to display that
packet data as detailed as possible.
You could think of a network packet analyzer as a measuring device used to examine what’s going on
inside a network cable. Here are some examples people use Wireshark for:
• Network administrators use it to troubleshoot network problems
• Network security engineers use it to examine security problems
• Developers use it to debug protocol implementations
• People use it to learn network protocol internals
Beside these examples Wireshark can be helpful in many other situations too. Wireshark allows:
• Live capture from many different network media: Wireshark can capture traffic from many different
network media types – and despite its name – including wireless LAN as well.
• Import files from many other capture programs Wireshark can open packets captured from a large
number of other capture programs.
• Export files for many other capture programs: Wireshark can save packets captured in a large number
of formats of other capture programs.
• Many protocol dissectors such as TCP, IP, DNS, ICMP, etc.
The following are some of the many features Wireshark provides:
• Available for UNIX, Mac and Windows.
• Capture live packet data from a network interface.
• Open files containing packet data captured with tcpdump/WinDump, Wireshark, and a number of
other packet capture programs.
• Import packets from text files containing hex dumps of packet data.
• Display packets with very detailed protocol information.
Our customer is the center of what we do and thus we offer 100% original essays..
By ordering our essays, you are guaranteed the best quality through our qualified experts.All your information and everything that you do on our website is kept completely confidential.
Academicwritingcompany.com always strives to give you the best of its services. As a custom essay writing service, we are 100% sure of our services. That is why we ensure that our guarantee of money-back stands, alwaysRead more
The paper that you order at academicwritingcompany.com is 100% original. We ensure that regardless of the position you are, be it with urgent deadlines or hard essays, we give you a paper that is free of plagiarism. We even check our orders with the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the industry.Read more
The Academicwritingcompany.com thrives on excellence and thus we help ensure the Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order.To do so, we provide a Free Revision policy as a courtesy service. To receive free revision the Academic writing Company requires that the you provide the request within Fifteen (14) days since the completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations and research papers.Read more
With Academicwritingcompan.com, your privacy is the most important aspect. First, the academic writing company will never resell your personal information, which include credit cards, to any third party. Not even your lecturer on institution will know that you bought an essay from our academic writing company.Read more
The academic writing company writers know that following essay instructions is the most important part of academic writing. The expert writers will, therefore, work extra hard to ensure that they cooperate with all the requirements without fail. We also count on you to help us provide a better academic paper.Read more